My New Chat Friend..
Ever since I took internet at home, I have been browsing quite a lot; chatting quite a lot. It was during one of these chats that I came across someone - lets call him VM. very interesting chap I should say. Slightly older than me; but surprisingly the wavelengths matches quite a bit. There was an amazing level of similarity in our thought process; and time just flies bye when we are together. I don't know if he as well feels the same way about me, but for me, I wait all day for that few precious time every night before I sleep, where I get to spend some time with him. We talk about everything - and I feel pretty comfortable in talking openly with him. Many a times, it takes an eternity to find a person affable; but in his case, I liked this guy from the word go. We are in two different cities - far off, with almost no chance of bumping against each other. Probably that sense of anonymity that the internet gives have fastened the way I came close to him. In a very short span of time he has become some sort of a mirror for me. A very keen listener, he somehow manages to be with me and suffer all the bull shit that I vent out.VM is in a relationship for almost seven years now; and I can sense that he loves his partner quite a bit. I ask questions about him and his partner, I don't know why... neither do I know if its correct to ask about them. But I still have that want to know more about them. Probably I am trying to find happiness seeing him and his partner happy. When you don't get what you want, the next best thing that you can hope for is to feel oneself happy seeing others happy. That's probably what I am doing with him. In a very short span of time, I find myself really close to him. Not sure if he looks at it as a burden or something else. I hope he too enjoys my company, and I am not boring him.
Work as usual is becoming hectic. I feel like I want a break; probably an outing over the weekend to charge my batteries. Yesterday my old crush called me after quite some time. He is feeling really happy about things; especially after his long term dream of migrating to the US having come true. He wanted it really badly, and now that he has got it, there is every reason for him to feel happy about it. Good for him. He might be moving on by the end of this year. After I talked with him, and came to know about this, I cant stop myself thinking how I would have reacted to this news had we been in some sort of a relationship. I would have been shattered at this news of leaving him. Probably God knew that something like this would happen; and that could be the reason why we never made it in a relationship. As they say - whatever happens, happens for good. Was there a tinge of disappointment within me when he said that to me? Probably there was. I still consider not having him as a loss that I had in my life. So he is moving on in his life. And that should probably close all windows within me as far as having a relationship with him is concerned. Good luck my dear. Hope your life has lots and lots of happiness.
This weekend is yet again a working weekend. Most of the time I will working from my home. This has become more like a routine in my life. It just keeps on happening. VM also wont be available online over the weekend. I want to watch a movie. But there is not even a single half decent movie these days. Probably I would have to confine myself to the IPL games.

3 comments:
I love this post.
Because...
Hmmm..... How do I say this...
When I met a special friend last year, I felt the same way. He is living in US with his partner for a couple of years (close to 7, I guess).
By the way, your style is superb.
Thanks Kamal for the compliment.. :-)
I have always felt that the pain and joy remains simialr for most of the people around. Just that when an emotion engulfs us, we get overwhelmed by it.. creating a sort of a situation that stops us understanding what its all about...
I love this feel...
Many times every one felt the same way when the met same frequency friend....
narration is excellent...
Post a Comment