Blogging Rocks!!



These days my mind has been captivated by the writings of a blogger - whose blog I accidentally bumped into in one of those browsing days. The first time I bumped into that blog, I started reading all the posts that he has done. Almost all of them were stories at that stage. On a queer blog more often than not, the only kind of stories that you get to see are variants of porn - depending on what the blogger wants to convey. But this one was different. It had stories that had a realistic touch to it. It was not the usual see-drool-meet-fuck-bye sort of thing. It had a lot more to it; in fact it was anything but the conventional. It had a human touch to it; gave a rare insight to a beautiful mind; spoke in volumes about the pain and agony that is suppressed within the writer. Needless to say, I became fan of that writing style. In no time I completed reading that entire blog of his. It was captivating; and all his stories had a dimension of life attached to it. To my complete surprise, I felt that I am not the only person on earth who thinks the way I do. Here is a stranger who almost is my shadow - the way he think; the way he writes. Its always good to have a company - where ever in life it is; and this was definitely interesting. And then off late, he wrote something other than a story - something about the thought process within for him. Fabulous is the only word that I can use for that piece of work; and any other adjective for that would be a big injustice to what was written.

I thought of bringing this up as yesterday on NDTV's weekend program - "We The People", the discussion was regarding blogging. Some of the big names of the blogging world were in that discussion. Since the European Championship in football and the French Open in tennis were on simultaneously, there was very little that I could listen to in that program. But I feel very strong about my blogging. Its my confession of sorts. I tell what my mind tells, things that I cant tell on the face of others, things that the lips cant utter - as sentences in my blog. Perhaps this assumes a whole lot of significance for me because this forms an integral part of my quest for identifying myself; my Endeavour for self realization. Whatever I say here are the things that my heart weeps about, but I don't have the balls to tell others about. Its been of huge importance for me - because it gives me a means of being what I am; expressing what I feel. There are times when tears were rolling down my cheeks when I wrote something in this blog. There were times when I couldn't complete something that I started to write because I was getting emotionally overwhelmed. There were also times when I felt light hearted once I completed writing something. That's the thing that clings me towards blogging. My anonymity of the internet and the blogging world gives me the freedom to express what I want to without the fear of being identified, vilified or targeted. I can say things that if I had told on someone's face I would have been ridiculed. I can express my sorry through words without the fear of my ego being hurt if someone sees me crying. Those are the things that keeps me engrossed in the blogging world. This is a world where I can correlate very well with like minded people - just like the blogger whom I earlier mentioned. And who knows - I might find a good friend somewhere in the blogging world as well. So blogging rocks!!

There are times when unknowingly you become addicted to someone in the blogging world - you tend to feel that this is someone who is very similar in thoughts to what you are. This new blogger whom I mentioned earlier seems to be someone like that. I try to make an image of how he might be thinking; how he might react to situations. Its sounds like a funny little way to spend time; but more importantly these confessional blogs puts light into the hearts of people whose hearts are forcibly kept in the dark due to the societal pressures; or whatever other reasons. They give an indication to how people face issues; how people do things that they don't want to do, just because they don't want to be perceived as someone by the society. These blogs also shows the hushed cries and suppressed feelings. Its a fascinating thing to have; and whoever found this method - hats off to him, because he has given people like me a medium to express.

No comments: