Different... Yet Craving
There are times in life when you wonder how different two individuals can be; and still how could they still remain as friends or have a strong emotional bonding. They will differ in everything that the eyes can meet; but still there would be something of the other that makes them feel very much at ease with each other. Life is a mysterious way with intricate pathways. You never know where life takes you in. The inner articulations of life are much more mysterious than an Agatha Christy detective novel. It’s just full of surprises. That’s why all of us enjoy our lives; isn’t it? Otherwise it would be as monotonous as a robot.
I and my new friend have been trying to get to know each other a bit better these days. Mails, mobile messages and the occasional phone calls have all been happening frequently in the past couple of weeks; as we try to understand each other’s persona a bit better. Its been an interesting process, I should admit – as the process of getting to know someone new is always exciting. Even yesterday night he called me; and we talked for quite some time – so much so that he started to get bored of it I guess. In all of these conversations and interactions, I realized one thing – that we are two individuals at the extremes of life. In almost everything we differ as chalk and cheese. He sounds to be a very methodical, organized guy; whereas I am just the opposite – a chaotic person with absolutely no method in life. He is a person who wakes up early; and goes to sleep early. I am someone who wakes up late, and goes to bed even later. He has interests like listening to the chirping of birds [jeez, he is the first person from whom I heard this; in fact I never knew people can have such an interest], lots of reading, while for me... hmm… I am still searching for something that I can call as my interest. He is a very energetic guy, who believes in an 8:30 to 5:30 office regimen; while more often than not the laidback person that I am, I am not even awake from my bed at 8:30 in the morning. These are just some of the things that we differ in. If I am to list out the entire thing, it would take an eternity to write them all.
Even though there are so many differences between us, I like this person. I mean, I look forward to getting his mails or mobile messages or phone calls or anything, crave for his time, always willing to give my time to him. Time just fly bye when we talk over phone. If we keep on talking like this, our phone bills are going to go over the roof. Probably it’s the curiosity of getting to know someone different is driving this state of mind for me. Whatever be it, I am just enjoying it. It’s an absolute pleasure to have him as a friend, and getting to know him has been like unraveling a mystery. I hope we remain as good friends for a long period of time, because somewhere down deep inside, I feel that I have hit the right chord with him despite all these things that make both of us two different individuals all together. What do they say – “Unlike poles attract…” And in my case, I think it’s true.
I can’t stop myself asking that dreaded question – will all of these new found closeness and attachment fade away once the novelty factor is all gone? When both of us realize that there is nothing much to be explored from each other, and there is nothing new to be seen in each other? I guess that would be the real test. Its easy to be carried away in the initial sway of things; but once the winds have all subsided, and there is no momentum to a relationship to move on its own, that’s when the character of the people involved in the relationship comes in for serious examination. That’s the point of time when there are more questions than answers, and that’s the time when the virtue of going ahead with the relationship comes under questioning. I hope that such a scenario won’t arise in this; as I feel we are two mature enough individuals who clearly know what needs to be done to take things forward. Till that point of time comes, I am more than happy exploring my new friend who ironically is having a special place in my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment